You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Exporting SVG Files Error

Hello, 

I am having an issue with Exporting SVG files from the Affinity Designer iPad app. I currently have a client wanting all files exported in SVG. However, the following error occurs: shapes pasted within shapes lose their placement. This problem has popped up with multiple projects. Please refer to attached JPEGs for an example with a poker chips illustration and factory illustration.

Any input or help is more than welcome. I look forward to your response,

~ JOSH

www.joshuamoir.com

C83EAFD9-BBF9-4EC2-B941-22D3EB1997C9.png

9691E0BE-F748-42EE-BC59-B224192EBC30.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Staff

Apologies for the delay in the response on this one, I've tested this file and the export seems to appear fine on other applications (such as a browser) but the issue is visible when the SVG is reimported back into Designer.

It's related to an existing bug report so i've linked this issue to add priority to the fix.

Lee

• 1 month later...
On 8/17/2022 at 4:20 AM, joshman87 said:

Thank you for your response. I export the files from my iPad using Affinity to a shared Dropbox folder. My client opens and edits the files with the desktop version of Affinity Designer. 

Can save your work as a .afdesign file instead so that your client can open the file directly in Affinity Designer on the desktop or do your keep your .afdesign files private from the client? Alternatively export as PDF instead for your client to open on the desktop might be another option to try.

My dad always told me, a bad workman always blames their tools….

Just waiting for Ronny Pickering…..

Affinity Photo, Designer, Publisher 1.10 and 2.4 on macOS Sonoma 14 on M1 Mac Mini 16GB 1TB
Affinity Photo, Designer, Publisher 1.10 and 2.4 on Windows 10 Pro. Deceased
Affinity Photo, Designer, Publisher 2.4 on M1 iPad Pro 11” on iPadOS 17.4 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/AffinityForiPad

https://www.facebook.com/groups/AffinityPhoto/

The hardest link to find https://affinity.help