You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Joining two complex curves on 6th Gen iPad crashes the app

I drew a realistic looking coast line for a RPG map I'm making and now I want to join all the little pieces to one big curve. The first few joins were not problem but now everytime I try to join any more of the curves the app just crashes. I am on an 6th Gen iPad with iPadOS 15.3.1.

I added the project file as an attachment.

Untitled.afdesign

Hi @BenjaminBugl and welcome to the forums :) 

I tried to join the curves with IPad Pro 2021 and it crashes every time. I moved the curves to a new document and it still crashes the app. Same thing happens with both Photo and Designer.

I don’t think too many nodes is the issue but I have no idea why the crashes occur, sorry.

StudioLink 256gb 11’ M1 iPad Pro

iPadOS 17 Public Beta 1

iPad Magic Keyboard

• Staff

Hi @BenjaminBugl,

Welcome to the Affinity Forums :)

Sorry to hear you're having trouble! I can confirm I'm able to replicate this crash in your document on my iPad Air M1 - although interestingly this crash does not occur when joining the same curves in the Desktop version, so I'm logging this file with our developers now for further investigation.

In the meantime, I would recommend selecting your multiple Curve layers and then use the Edit (...) menu, and select Merge Curves. This will combine all your Curve layers into one Curves layer and does not cause the same crash seen when Joining.

I hope this helps!

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!