You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

iPad crashes

Hi there. 

I’m experiencing a lot of crashes today and some I can’t actually work around.

It started firstly when I was copying a text layer, closing the project and  opening another project that already existed, literally upon opening the second project, it crashes.

So I thought to try and remake the second project by copy and pasting what I needed. However when I copied an image from one project, and then opened a blank project to paste it happened again. 

After reloading the app like 50 times retrying this process it eventually worked for some reason and I was able to make the 5 projects that needed to be posted today. I was able to export the first project, but every time I hit export in the second project it just crashes the app. So I duplicated that project to try and maybe force something to fix, but now every time I even click on that duplicated project it just crashes the app again.

I’m kinda stressing here as I need to finish this project and some more work for a Jubilee discount we’re offering BEFORE tomorrow. However I’ve been blocked out of my work all day due to this, I’m unsure how to proceed and I can’t find a way to simply contact any kind of support.

Any help is VERY welcome.

im running affinity designer 1.10.5 (the latest I can get) and I’m on a 4th gen iPad Pro 12.9inch on the latest software versions 15.5.

• Staff

Hi @Ben.kendamalondon,

If you're still experiencing the issue with crashing I would initially suggest going through a force restart of your iPad to clear the Cache, the below thread details how to do this.

If you're still having issues after following this, could you provide us with a crash report? the below thread details how to find these.