You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

uplading and aditing pdf in affinity publisher

There isn't any text in this PDF to edit, the text has been converted to curves.

Acer XC-895 : Core i5-10400 Hexa-core 2.90 GHz :  32GB RAM : Intel UHD Graphics 630 : Windows 10 Home
Affinity Publisher 2 : Affinity Photo 2 : Affinity Designer 2 : (latest release versions) on desktop and iPad

You could select the items you need to change, delete them, and type in the new figures, but it might be a bit difficult to match the original and line everything up correctly.

EDIT: Actually, an easier way might be to put a text box over the old price and give it a fill the same colour as the background.

Acer XC-895 : Core i5-10400 Hexa-core 2.90 GHz :  32GB RAM : Intel UHD Graphics 630 : Windows 10 Home
Affinity Publisher 2 : Affinity Photo 2 : Affinity Designer 2 : (latest release versions) on desktop and iPad

9 minutes ago, karlo said:

yes i know that but it very difficult and takes a lot of time. I someone know how please help me

I hope someone else may be able to help, but I'm afraid I have no idea how you can edit text if there is no text there to edit!

43 minutes ago, karlo said:

What is the difference beetwen this file and previous file? this file i can edit

This file has text layers. Your previous file doesn't, the text has been converted to curves.

If you open up the layers in each file you can see the difference.

(EDIT: It's quite possible that the text was converted to curves when the PDF was created (rather than being converted in the original document). If possible, you could go back to where you got the file and ask them to give you another version where the text is left as text.)

Have to wonder why the first file has all of the text converted to curves when it's one of those projects where prices are subject to change. Just request the original file. You'll be able to edit in the original program (if you have it) or edit in Designer or whatever program you use to edit PDFs. There's really no other option in regards to the first file as it's basically all vector in it's presented state (as opposed to editable text with the font embedded in the PDF). When I've worked at print shops, we'd always instruct the clients to EMBED their fonts if they were providing a PDF or include the original source file (and fonts) if they required edits to the text.

10 minutes ago, dannyg9 said:

we'd always instruct the clients to EMBED their fonts if they were providing a PDF

Unfortunately Affinity apps can't make use of embedded fonts in PDFs, so you need to have the correct font installed. 

4 minutes ago, PaulEC said:

Unfortunately Affinity apps can't make use of embedded fonts in PDFs, so you need to have the correct font installed. 

I'm not quite sure what you mean, as all 3 of the Affinity programs have the ability to embed the fonts when exporting a PDF. On the "Save As" dialog box just click on "MORE" at the bottom and you can customize the PDF in just about any variation. Embedding fonts is at the bottom of the "MORE" dialog box. You can save customizations as Presets as well.

Screen Shot 2022-05-14 at 10.55.31 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-05-14 at 10.55.42 AM.png

They can embed fonts when you create a ODF, but they can't use embedded fonts when you open a PDF in an Affinity app.