You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi,

Still trying to find my way through the maze of things I need to know before I purchase Affinity for my new iMac. The latest question I have is can you use Silver Efex Pro2  with Affinity? I want to do mainly black & white photos and this software seems to have the highest rating of all. I saw a video on you tube but got completely lost! As I have said before we are all not computer geeks (no insult intended). I just need some simple explanations to my questions. Also going back to my first question, has Affinity got any were yet where to store photos on a iMac that can be loaded simply into Affinity and then exported when completed?

Thanks in advance to anyone who takes the time to answer my questions.

Regards

Mike

• 3 weeks later...
  • Staff

Hi mikep,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

Yes, Silver Efex Pro 2 does work with the latest version of Affinity Photo as MikeT pointed out.

You can open any file stored on your computer using File ▸ Open.... You can also use the Media Browser (View ▸ Media Browser...) to import JPG versions of the photos stored in Apple iPhoto/Aperture/Photos Libraries. iPhoto and Aperture (and other DAM software) also provide the ability to use external editors like Affinity Photo to edit images stored on their libraries saving the edited images back to them automatically after performing a save.