You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Can anyone help please?

I am trying to make a Table of Content, however, even after adding the Heading 1 to all headers of my pages, it will not make any Table of Contents.

When I open a new file, there is a long list of Text Styles but when I go back to my project there are only a few & they don't seem to be working.
So, how can I reset my Text Styles back to the original list?
1). I did a Repair to the software & that didn't change anything.
2). There is still a missing DLL file from the software that isn't fixed even after doing repair through windows for missing DLL's. (see attached image)

So, I'm thinking that the Heading 1 that is in my Text Styles of my Project is not the correct one & needs to be reset.

Please can anyone help?

Error was not fixed after repair.jpg

• Staff

Hi @Susie1001 welcome to the forums,

-Have you tried resetting your text styles by following the below?

1.  Close down Publisher
  2. Hold down Ctrl and Double click the Publisher Desktop Icon whilst holding down Ctrl
  3. This should prompt for a new menu with three boxes ticked, additionally tick 'Reset Text Styles' and Press 'Clear'

- If this doesn't resolve your issue you can try saving a blank .afpub document which contains the default text styles, and on your effected document on the text styles panel dropdown, press 'Import Styles' and import your blank .afpub document.

- Your error appears to relate to an issue with a Nvidia OpenCL dll file, try disabling Hardware Acceleration in Edit > Preferences > Performance to see if this prevents this, however it may also be worth completely uninstalling your Graphics card driver using the uninstaller tool and re-installing from the Nvidia website.

Uninstaller:

https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html

Nvidia drivers website:

https://www.nvidia.com/en-gb/geforce/drivers/

Hello Nathan,

Thank you for your suggestions :) 
The 1st one didn't work unfortunately. :( I wonder why there isn't a reset option within Publisher?
But the 2nd one did. I made a blank Publisher file & then reloaded it as Text Styles & they all came back ok :)
I do have some issues with Nvidia as at the moment as I can't update all of the updates that are due; I have run out of space on my C:\ drive (SSD). I either need to add a new one (horrible thought at the work this will involve) or get a new PC (too expensive).
I currently do not have 
Hardware Acceleration in Edit > Preferences > Performance ticked, as my Graphics card is not supported, it is also too old; NVidia GeForce GTX 750 Ti.
My PC is high spec but 7 years old Arrh!   :(
So thank you again,

Susie1001