You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

The Mysterious White Text Box BG Color …

Hello dere, chér … mais, me, I almost did not saw you dere, but I'm glad for you to see me yeah, I tol’ you dat f’true. Now, what I got to ax is mebbe a simple quextion but me, meh, I do not know dem answer no, me. Oh. What it IS, you aks? Well, I'm glad for you to axe me dat, so …

When I use either the Artistic text tool or the Frame text tools, I begin by selecting one, then drawing out a rough-sized text box to put text in. That's when the problem crops up. The BACKGROUND is filled with white and the text is default black. I have no problem with black text, ’cos it's gonna be changed later anyway. The Big Quextion is as follows:

How I got rid of dem WHITE BACKGROUND FILL BOX COLOR, hanh? Looking thru the Menu choices produces no clue as to Remove Paper Color, Remove Background Color, or anything else. It has not always been this way - and it happens in Designer and Photo, not just one.

Ma chérs, if you know you dem Answer about how to done got rid of dem white Background coleur from dem tex box, I be Returnally Greatfull fo’ dat knowlidge. T’anks in advance fo’ you assist wit’ dis quextion.

Mac Pro (Mid-2010) G5, 2.8 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon i7; macOS ‘Sierra,’ 12GB RAM, ATI Radeon HD 5770; S271HL Acer Display (1920 x 1080); Affinity Designer, Photo, and Publisher 1.10.8, Photoshop CS6, Illustrator CS6, InDesign CS6, QuarkXpress 9.5.4.1, ON1 RAW 2020, Portrait Professional Studio64, Topaz Labs Suite, Nik Collection, LibreOffice; separate Western Digital external HDs for storage  

Proudly Wearing the Shame of ThoughtCrime …

Try this

Or that

Mac mini M1 A2348 | Windows 10 - AMD Ryzen 9 5900x - 32 GB RAM - Nvidia GTX 1080

LG34WK950U-W, calibrated to DCI-P3 with LG Calibration Studio / Spider 5

iPad Air Gen 5 (2022) A2589

Special interest into procedural texture filter, edit alpha channel, RGB/16 and RGB/32 color formats, stacking, finding root causes for misbehaving files, finding creative solutions for unsolvable tasks, finding bugs in Apps.

NotMyFault … thanks for that. I'm a bit puzzled because this color-behind-the-text is something that only recently began to occur. Until about three weeks ago, I could draw out a text box (Frame or Artistic) and enter black text with NO background coloration and modify it as needed. Not now. So far as I know, I haven't made any changes in the Prefs for Designer or Photo (it occurs in both now) to initiate this behavior. It's quite crazy-making. A quick check of the Preferences in both reveals no ‘secret sauce’ that can be used to remove the BG color, either. Thanks again for the link.

Mac Pro (Mid-2010) G5, 2.8 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon i7; macOS ‘Sierra,’ 12GB RAM, ATI Radeon HD 5770; S271HL Acer Display (1920 x 1080); Affinity Designer, Photo, and Publisher 1.10.8, Photoshop CS6, Illustrator CS6, InDesign CS6, QuarkXpress 9.5.4.1, ON1 RAW 2020, Portrait Professional Studio64, Topaz Labs Suite, Nik Collection, LibreOffice; separate Western Digital external HDs for storage  

Proudly Wearing the Shame of ThoughtCrime …