You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

App is freezing when use brush

Hi, 

my iPad Pro 4th gen, iOS 15.3.1, 230 gb free space.

I bought affinity, but could not use it normally. When I change brush settings to use pressure or anything else, after 3-5 tried app stops responding 

could someone please help me with it?

thanks in advance

• Staff

Hi @Brumereganand Welcome to the Forums,

Could first try a forced restart of your iPad as outlined on this post and then see if you can replicate the issue.

If that doesn't help, could you post a screen recording of the issue?  To do this, see here, before you record your screen can you open Affinity and go into Preferences and on the General section enable Show Touches.

• 4 weeks later...

I have the same issue, that makes it impossible to use the app on my iPad.

I'm running Affinity Designer (1.10.21) on iOS (15.4.1) on iPad Pro M1. 

Affinity will freeze after a few minutes of drawing with a vector brush (I think I used one of the Frankentoon brushes), then crash, and most work done from launch to freeze will be gone. I restarted the app, tried again, the app froze again. Did the whole dance 4 times and then gave up.

I really hope for a fix, because timing wise it couldn't be worse. I was just about get into heavy illustration work on my project, and I wanted to do it on the iPad instead of my Mac for better productivity.