You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Let's say I have document with text with Page 1 to 5. 

I then want to to add a new page after Page 2, creating a new blank page 3. 

In Indesign, when this the above is actioned, I can type from Page 2 and it will flow into Page 3 and flow into Page 4 etc. 

When adding the page to Affinity Publisher though,  Page 2 is linked to Page 4, and Page 3 is independent. 

How I make all pages flow into each other the way Indesign does it. 

You will need Text Frames made with the Frame Text tool on each page and on new pages. Easiest way to do this is to use Text Frames on a Master Page and apply that Master Page to your Actual Pages before any text is added to the document.

When adding a new page you can apply a Master page to that new page during the creation or after the fact, during is better.

Make sure to link the text frames if you are using Facing Pages. That way text will flow from page one to two to three...

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

5 minutes ago, Old Bruce said:

You will need Text Frames made with the Frame Text tool on each page and on new pages. Easiest way to do this is to use Text Frames on a Master Page and apply that Master Page to your Actual Pages before any text is added to the document.

When adding a new page you can apply a Master page to that new page during the creation or after the fact, during is better.

Make sure to link the text frames if you are using Facing Pages. That way text will flow from page one to two to three...

Thanks for making time to reply @Old Bruce. I have followed your advice up to the last point. How do I link the text frame from Page 2 to the blank page 3 and so it flows to page 4 etc. 

6 minutes ago, hiteshergef said:

... How do I link the text frame from Page 2 to the blank page 3 and so it flows to page 4 etc. 

There is a little triangle on the side of the text frames. Click on the triangle on the lower right of the Page 2 text frame and then click on/in the text frame on Page 3. You may need to link from page three to page four.

Give this a look, one of the training videos for Publisher... https://affinity.serif.com/en-gb/tutorials/publisher/desktop/video/337299876/

Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

10 minutes ago, Old Bruce said:

Click on the triangle on the lower right of the Page 2 text frame and then click on/in the text frame on Page 3. You may need to link from page three to page four.

I did try this and failing. What am I doing wrong? I have attached a video.

Edited by hiteshergef
My Screen Recording did not upload correctly.

7 minutes ago, hiteshergef said:

What am I doing wrong? 

You are not linking the text frames on the Master Page, about eight seconds in. 

Don't write then link, the text will be at the end of the linked text. Link then Write the text.

3 minutes ago, Old Bruce said:

Don't write then link, the text will be at the end of the linked text. Link then Write the text.

When I link, the blank page 3 disappears and goes to the end of the document and is replaced by the link text on page 4. 
If you can and have time, please make take a screen video doing it. Sorry to trouble and I understand if this is not possible for you. 

1 hour ago, hiteshergef said:

I then want to to add a new page after Page 2, creating a new blank page 3. 

In Indesign, when this the above is actioned, I can type from Page 2 and it will flow into Page 3 and flow into Page 4 etc. 

You want to add text to page 2 and or page 3. Am I correct? Take the Alice in Wonderland (or what ever that was) and then add in some notes or new dialogue.

Just do it, you don't need to add a blank page. Just put the text caret in the text on page 3 (or page 2) and start typing.

4 minutes ago, Old Bruce said:

You want to add text to page 2 and or page 3. Am I correct? Take the Alice in Wonderland (or what ever that was) and then add in some notes or new dialogue.

Just do it, you don't need to add a blank page. Just put the text caret in the text on page 3 (or page 2) and start typing.

I was using the example of the 5 page document to keep it simple for support. 

In a real case, I would have a 280 page book. I then need to add 12 more pages after page 18. I need the text to flow from page 18 to page 31. I can't do this with at the moment by just adding a single page, and I don't just want to start typing to make blank pages. 

In Indesign, you just add pages and all pages flow and is connected, whether text frames are added to Master Pages or not. But I just can't seem to do this in Publisher. 
Hoping someone will see this and provide some guidance. Thanks for your time though. 

Just now, hiteshergef said:

In a real case, I would have a 280 page book. I then need to add 12 more pages after page 18. I need the text to flow from page 18 to page 31. I can't do this with at the moment by just adding a single page, and I don't just want to start typing to make blank pages. 

Are you wanting to add text into (or inside) the text flow? Say there is chapter one then two and you want to add some text to chapter one.

Or

Are you wanting to add 12 pages and put some stuff there that has nothing to do with the text flow. Like inserting 12 pages of advertising.

Regardless, here is how you add 12 pages that are blank. You'll have to mess with linking text frames if you choose to have the Master applied

4 minutes ago, Old Bruce said:

Are you wanting to add text into (or inside) the text flow?

Thanks for the video. I appreciate your time taken. I do know how to add pages though, but I need to add text. Say I have a 100 pages document and I need to add 12 blank pages after page 6 that has text frames from the Master (I can do all of this), and I need the text to flow from page 5 to page to page 19 and the rest of the doc (I can't do this).
Been messing with text frames linking and nothing works. 

Do you actually have the text flowing from page 5 through to page 100?

Don't insert pages, move the content that is already there. Go to page 18 (I am going to use the original example) and click on the Text Overflow icon (the little triangle) now click on page 18. You have broken the flow. Click on the little triangle on page 18 to 'load' the overflow text. Now go to page 31 and click on it.