You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Strange object appears while rotating canvas, cannot undo it

Hi there!

My specs:

• Affinity Designer 1.10.19  
  • iPad Pro M1 12.9 Wi-Fi
  • iOS 15.2.1    

I've got a serious problem while drawing with pixel persona.
Error can be described as nondeterministic because it happened few times and I can't repeat it "on demand".
But today, while it happened again - like in Twin Peaks ;) I realised that it happened while I'm trying to rotate the canvas.  

How it happened?

1. I was using Erase Brush Tool and Apple Pencil.
  2. Then I stopped and switched to Paint Brush Tool.
  3. After that I've tried to rotate canvas with pinch & rotate.
  4. Designer UI didn't react for my touch - it looked like "UI in frozen state".
  5. Then I've tried to "wake up" the UI by touching the screen with pencil.
  6. After my try a strange object appeared on canvas.
  7. I used undo option and realized that I can undo everything except this object.
  8. I also realized that this object appears on canvas still but it is not on layers.
  9. Even if I disable visibility of all layers, the object is still visible.
  10. Even if I undo my job to the first point, the object is still visible.
  11. I can only go further with my job and draw something on this object to hide it (using no matter which layer).
  12. As I told it happened me about 4/5 times with first occurrence about a two months ago.
  13. The object had very similar, rectangular shape in all cases.

I would like to let you know that hard reset of iPad is already done and did not gave any positive result.
I've made it after previous occurrence of this object, that appeared on other canvas.

Can you suggest any ideas to avoid it?
Maybe some of Designer settings reset can make work as a fix?

Hoping for a proper answer ;-) 
Greetings!

IMG_70B707F2A79B-1.jpeg

• Staff

Hi BennyorJenny,

This seems to be quite an odd issue! Does this only happen with this one file and if so would you be willing to provide a copy of the file? If you would rather not post it publicly I can provide a secure link to our DropBox :) If this is file specific could you also please tell me if this file was created from scratch in Affinity or if it was imported from another app? Is the object something you can select in the layers panel at all?

Thanks
C

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.

Hi @Callum🖐️
Definitely odd! It happened few times. Every time on a different file. I can send you an original file, however I didn't make a copy of "a broken one" and I went further with this drawing. Now the object is not visible. I've checked the history, but I cannot undo to "broken" state. 😕 And finally - this file and the other ones were always created from scratch.