You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Layers as a resource in batch jobs

It might help people to understand what you mean if you can give some real-world examples.

How would people “add layers as a resource”?
What sort of layers would they add?
You mention “a number of new possibilities” but you don’t give any information about them.
You say it would “speed up a lot of work” but you don’t say how.

The more information you can give, the more people can know what you want and why you want it.
Otherwise it’s just a vague request for someone to do some work of some kind.

This is your chance to request the exact functionality you want, so why not specify exactly what you want?

Currently for batch processing you can only select files from your hard drive as a data source. I suggest extending this to include the ability to use layers created in AP.

Batch processing offers tremendous possibilities, and it is difficult to point to any single application of this feature.

Using it to modify a number of layers with previously created macros can significantly speed up work that would otherwise require tedious repetition of a number of steps.

I don't really understand your request. Do you expect me to list potential applications here? There is an infinite number of them. I think this feature will be appreciated by anyone who ever had to manually click on 50 layers in a "for yesterday" project...

I present my idea on the attached screen. I marked options that in my opinion are worth adding in red:

1 - adding the possibility to use selected layers as a source
2 - adding the possibility to export the result of the whole batch process as new layers

bath job.jpg