You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Publisher Crashes with file from Intel Mac

I recently purchased a Macbook Pro 14 with the M1 Max processor. I transferred my data from my Macbook Pro 16 i9 laptop. Ever since then, I'm finding that some of the files I created with my old computer will not open for more than a few seconds before Publisher crashes. It seems that it is more of a problem with files that are more complicated. I have a template for a tri-fold brochure that opens fine, but when I open our 36 page magazine, the program crashes within a few seconds. I managed to open the file long enough to do a save-as in the most recently used fold and that new file that was created, crashes also. I have attached the crash report. I'm not a programer so I don't know what to look for in the report but maybe someone here could figure out what is going on and add a fix to the next update. 

Open file from Intel Mac.txt

Edited by soundmanbrett
typos

3 hours ago, soundmanbrett said:

... I transferred my data from my Macbook Pro 16 i9 laptop. Ever since then, I'm finding that some of the files I created with my old computer will not open for more than a few seconds before Publisher crashes.

Odds are the problem will lie in the transfer.

Are there Linked images involved in the files that crash? Is the file path from one machine to the other the exact same file path? If some of the linked images/files/documents have linked documents then the problem is compounded.

And All Bets are Off if iCloud or another cloud service or Networked directories are involved.

I would check the old MacBook and see how the paths are formed for the problem files.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/20/2022 at 1:09 PM, Old Bruce said:

Odds are the problem will lie in the transfer.

Are there Linked images involved in the files that crash? Is the file path from one machine to the other the exact same file path? If some of the linked images/files/documents have linked documents then the problem is compounded.

And All Bets are Off if iCloud or another cloud service or Networked directories are involved.

I would check the old MacBook and see how the paths are formed for the problem files.

Thank you. That would make sense. I try not to used any linked files to avoid problems like this. Unfortunately, the old laptop is with Apple. They gave me a really good amount of money on trade.

I have exactly the same problem. Both old and new mac OS are up to date. Publisher up to date version. Publisher will load photo and designer files but crashes with a publisher file which worked on an old (intel) MacBook pro using OS Monterey 12.2

New MacBook Pro has M1 max chip, 64Gb ram and 2Tb drive so has the capability to cope with a 200 page publisher file. All files were transferred from old MacBook pro to new MacBook via Apple's migration system. All linked files are in the same folder. Images can be seen very quickly and as the software completes the loading process (blue line moves across just below file title at the top of screen) - just before this completes the software crashes. File is not corrupt as it loads on the old macbook.

Any thoughts anyone?