You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

How to do in AD what we did in AI?

Sure there are things AD can't do, I was wondering if these basic Illustrator functions are done in Designer ??

- Alignment to Key Object. I have 4 Objects and I want to align them based on a specific object of the 4 how do you do it?

- is it possible to convert a simple path into GUIDE?

- is it possible to select a guide and move it numerically without the Guide Management panel?
 and if it is not possible, having so many guides, how can I understand Which guide does measure X correspond to? (6.55 mm). Although selecting a numerical value does not highlight which guide it refers to, I believe that the selection of the guide on the table should "highlight its corresponding value". Kind of how it works in AI.
Honestly, apart from Column Guides and Margins, I don't understand the usefulness of a panel for guides. That is, it would also be useful if it worked properly. In this better AI sincerely even without a management panel.
Then if I have 10 guides already set and I want to move all 10 by + 10mm I should do it one by one. In AI you select all 10 and give us a shift of +10 on the X axis ...
Hope to give you suggestions.

- I believe AD can far surpass AI in power and accuracy but sometimes it lacks the small and silly things that seem silly but essential in the workflow.

Just now, .: NICKY G. :. said:

- Alignment to Key Object. I have 4 Objects and I want to align them based on a specific object of the 4 how do you do it?

The Key Object is chosen Last or First and then the appropriate choice is made in the Align to: menu. Note that you have to use the Alignment thing for this to work.

26184224_ScreenShot2022-01-05at10_09_14AM.png.059624fd41c090f5d5ab076e5444618a.png

1013411927_ScreenShot2022-01-05at10_08_31AM.png.b77a65dcd448e043ddfc48291b78692a.png

4 minutes ago, .: NICKY G. :. said:

- is it possible to convert a simple path into GUIDE?

- is it possible to select a guide and move it numerically without the Guide Management panel?

No.

No.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

Sorry, I should have been clearer, the First Selected or the Last Selected. Choose All and then Shift + Click on the 3rd object and Shift Click on the 3rd object again, it will now be the last selected object.

The Alignment menu is on the Toolbar, go to View > Show Toolbar and you may need to go to View > Customize Toolbar... if it is not showing.

1697912828_ScreenShot2022-01-05at11_51_29AM.png.09d5d1abaf4cf571a5a0cdc77e886a99.png

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.