You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Publisher suddenly very sluggish

Hi Community

I am on AP latest build 1.10.4.1198 / Win10Pro 10.0.19043 / Dell XPS 9370

I recently noticed that AP has become very sluggish und unresponsive. I didn't made any changes to the system or to AP besides the updates on both. I think it might have somthing to do with the updated version of AP. I tried it with hardware acceleration on and off. I also set the RAM limit to 4 and 6 GB. It didn't solve the problem.

Have you any suggestions to me?

Do some of you also struggle with such troubles? Have you any ideas what could trigger it?

Thanks in advance

Jayenbee

On 12/16/2021 at 2:42 PM, DWright said:

Can you please provide me with more information on your document how many pages does it have and do you have a large number of embedded resources.

fo

It happen on any documents, even on a brand new one with no extra layer inserted (A4, 400 dpi, CMYK). For instance, when I try on a document as described before want to switch from the paragraph panel (panel/dock, on the right side of the window) to the swatches panel it takes up to seven seconds. While this happen I can not do any further work and the sandclock on the app windows starts to turn and says (not responding).

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Community

Just wanted give you an update:

After I restored a bakckup image of my Windows 10 Pro everything worked as expected again. Since then APub works smooth a reliabely again. The Windows 10 Pro version has about update state from March 2021. The version of Affinity Publisher is 1.9.2.1035.

The performance settings I am using can be seen in the attachement. Hardware Acceleration seems not to be the troublemaker as it has been reported by others.

May be I update Affinity Publisher to the latest version to see what happen. 

Screenshot (11).png