You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Global color palette editor

Basic global palette editor is much needed tool. E.g. I select several complex objects with gradients and in one palette editor I edit each color (like in Illustrator). Sometimes adjustment layer is impossible to use due to export issues or just to not overcomplicate things, and although it's good to use global colors sometimes I forget to use them or get to much involved into developing some of my quick drafts that it's too late.

As I understand this tool is quite easy to implement, just to get color values of each object and acquire new that I'll edit in palette. but it will be an enormous improvement in workflow.

Personally I would prefer a menu command that took all of the non-global colors of selected objects and searched for global colors that matched them, creating new global colors for any that did not already exist, and assigned those global colors to the objects in place of their current ones.

From there, the current editing capabilities in the Swatches panel would likely suffice?