You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Selecting text with keyboard shortcuts broken

ferny

I'm on iPadOS 15.2 running Designer 1.10.19. When working with text boxes and a keyboard, using the typical shortcuts (which work on Mac and the rest of iOS) to select and navigate text does not work. 

• For moving the cursor (just arrow key input): left and right work fine, up and down do not. 
  • For jumping around with cursor (arrow key input + cmd) left and right do nothing, and cmd + up/down changes between bold and regular font?!
    • I actually hadn't noticed this until I tested it right now. Either way, testing on the exact same document on Mac and it jumps the cursor to the next paragraph.
  • For selecting (shift + arrow key input): left and right work fine, up and down do not.
    • On Mac, shift + arrow key up or down selects the rest of the line/the line above.
  • For selecting in bulk (shift + cmd + arrow key input): left and right don't work at all, up or down selects the entire rest of the text box in that direction, instead of just the rest of the paragraph.
  • I also just noticed that the option + arrow key shortcuts for line/paragraph spacing are not working either.

I made sure these shortcuts worked in other apps on my iPad like Safari and Word, just in case it was my keyboard that's broken, but it's doing fine. Thanks for the help and for making a wonderful app!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
6 hours ago, CB1978 said:

Another MacOS issue....  On most recent Designer Version.  14 MacBook M1 Pro.

Option + Left or Right arrow to Loosen or Tighten NOT working....

You've posted in an iPadOS topic. If you want to report a MacOS-related issue you're in the wrong part of the forum. Also, this topic is about Selecting text, so issues with spacing are misplaced here.

It would be better to create your own topic in the Designer Bugs Found on MacOS part of the forum, so it can be properly addressed.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1