You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

White semi-transparent blocks and display corruption adjusting effects

I don't know if this is a bug or a WAD. If "Enable Metal Compute Acceleration" is turned on, I get the shown display corruption when adjusting effects. Turned off it's OK. The blocks move around during adjustment. They do not appear on the exported image and go away after re-opening the file. I DO have the AMD Radeon Pro 560X graphics adapter and are running Catalina.

Screen Shot 2021-11-22 at 6.36.23 AM.jpg

Screen Shot 2021-11-22 at 6.28.12 AM.jpg

Edited by Les Wilson
clarity

• Staff

Hi @Les Wilson,

Sorry to see you're having trouble!

I can confirm our team have identified an issue with Metal Hardware Acceleration in 1.10.4 with certain systems / macOS versions. This issue has been tentatively fixed in our latest beta, can you please download this from the following link, then install this alongside the retail version, so that you have 2 versions of the app installed -

Now within the beta version try following the same steps - do you see the same visual corruption here please? :)

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

• Staff

Many thanks for trying that for me and I'm certainly sorry to see this!

It may be the Colour Profile applied to your monitors through macOS causing this - can you please navigate to System Preferences > Display > Colour and provide a screenshot showing the profiles in use for both monitors? :)

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

• Staff

Thanks for these screenshots - can you please select the sRGB IEC61922-2.1 profile from the list for both monitors, then restart the Affinity app and let me know if this corruption still occurs? :)

Please note -

Many thanks!

• Staff

Thanks for providing this file and trying my previous steps - I've downloaded and tested this here on a Catalina machine running Intel Metal Acceleration and thus far I've been unable to replicate the corruption you're seeing. Therefore I have escalated this issue through to our QA/Dev team, to see if we have any further suggestions for you.

I'll be sure to respond here as soon as possible with further information :)

Please note -

Many thanks!

• Staff

I can confirm that our development team have been able to replicate this issue on a Mojave 2016 MacBook Pro with a Radeon Pro 455 and Intel HD Graphics 530, so I'm logging this as a bug with them now, to be fixed in a future update.

In the meantime we recommend disabling Metal Acceleration to workaround this issue.

Many thanks for your report once again!

Please note -

Many thanks!