You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

1.10.4 performance and shortcuts

majdy

Hello, 

just wanted to post some bugs I found on the latest version of all affinity apps for macOS.

Switching between persona is slow with lag at the begining, also zoom or pan with the trackpad behave the same way.

Another issue is with keyboard shortcuts, for example I cannot use cmd; for show/hide guides. This issue is not present while using english QWERTY layout, but with my QWERTZ keyboard input it is and it's annoying (macOS boop sound is hitting me every time).

Current SW and HW:
macOS 12.0.1
MBP 16" i9 2,3GHz / 64GB / 5500M 8GB

• Staff
On 11/2/2021 at 4:53 PM, majdy said:

Switching between persona is slow with lag at the begining, also zoom or pan with the trackpad behave the same way.

We are aware of this and a few other performance issue on Monterey as outlined here

On 11/2/2021 at 4:53 PM, majdy said:

Another issue is with keyboard shortcuts, for example I cannot use cmd; for show/hide guides. This issue is not present while using english QWERTY layout, but with my QWERTZ keyboard input it is and it's annoying (macOS boop sound is hitting me every time).

I don't currently have access to a QWERTZ keyboard but will get this checked out and logged, if it isn't already :) 

1 hour ago, stokerg said:

I don't currently have access to a QWERTZ keyboard but will get this checked out and logged, if it isn't already :) 

Thank you for reply. 

Just in case, you don't need to have a physical QWERTZ keyboard, you can test this bug if you add another input in your keyboard settings:

Screen Shot 2021-11-04 at 12.31.03.png

• Staff
1 hour ago, majdy said:

Just in case, you don't need to have a physical QWERTZ keyboard, you can test this bug if you add another input in your keyboard settings:

Thank you, i always forget about this option!

Issue replicated and i'll get this logged if it isn't already :) 

As a workaround, you can go into Preferences for Affinity and on the keyboard shortcut section, set the 2nd drop down to View and you can assign a new shortcut for show guides :)  

On 11/4/2021 at 2:10 PM, stokerg said:

Thank you, i always forget about this option!

Issue replicated and i'll get this logged if it isn't already :) 

As a workaround, you can go into Preferences for Affinity and on the keyboard shortcut section, set the 2nd drop down to View and you can assign a new shortcut for show guides :)  

Thanks for your advice.

Then I should also assign a new shortcuts for show grid command, and others.

Hope the update is coming soon. :)