You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Setting Black, Gray, and White Points Like "Curves" in Photoshop

I see this feature request going back as far as 2018 and even 2015.  I've also seen a number of "workarounds" in the forum and online with varying degrees of complexity and effectiveness. 

Curves is an important tool in my own Photoshop workflow because it allows me to run it on lots of photos quickly (think about reviewing 200 - 400 soccer photos taken over a single afternoon and evening -- with the resulting major changes in the lighting balance/characteristics).

Even if I end up using some different tools, Curves helps me establish the limits (and potential) of individual images -- literally in a matter of seconds.

Maybe this is protected IP owned by Adobe, but if there was a single reason that I still keep my last license for PhotoShop (CS6), this is it.  It's also the reason I really don't use Affinity Photo yet.

PS_Curves-1.JPG

AP Curves tool is OK but it is missing some features, like "Auto".

I would still prefer to do setting black, gray, and white points in develop module, there setting has to be done with exposure and brightness and blackpoint which are not so easy as exposure and brightness are messing each other.