You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Feature selection: crop selection

The major feature missing in Affinity Photo is "Crop selection".  It is a very simple and useful command and I use it often in Photoshop when I prepare textures for 3D shapes in Cinema 4D.

I do not understand why it is missing in Affinity Photo.

Yes, I can create the selection, then align 4 guides and then use the crop, but it is a waste of time.

crop.jpg

1 hour ago, Trystero said:

then align 4 guides

Why so complicated?
Make sure "Snap to pixel selection bounds" is enabled. The all you need to do is two click'n'drag movements on the opposite corners of the Crop rectangle.

That aside, highly recommended reading: forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/forum/52-feature-requests-suggestions

Suggestions, Discussions & Ideas

If you have any suggestions about how to make our apps better, please post them here. We read every idea which is posted, and in fact since launching Affinity we have added 100s of new features and improvements based on customer feedback

Just a few things to bear in mind:

• Please search first, it may well be that you have a suggestion that others also want. If so add your feelings to their thread.
  • If you cannot find your idea, make a new post. Try to keep your post as concise as possible, and for the title of your post to describe the request as best you can.
  • Please just do one suggestion per thread. If your post title is “Here’s a few ideas to improve Affinity Publisher” you’ll be asked to split them up.
  • Please understand we can’t possibly do everything which is requested, but we try to make the best calls we can in terms of prioritising our work. Constantly nagging or being overly ranty that we haven’t implemented one of your suggestions will not help your cause, and such posts will be deleted.

(emphasis mine)

MacBookAir 15": MacOS Ventura > Affinity v1, v2, v2 beta // MacBookPro 15" mid-2012: MacOS El Capitan > Affinity v1 / MacOS Catalina > Affinity v1, v2, v2 beta // iPad 8th: iPadOS 16 > Affinity v2