You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo / Designer IOS Crashs

Hi I have recently started using photo and designer on my new (pre m1 iPad Pro 12.9”) 

I have been experiencing lost of crashes recently and can’t think why, other than I only have roughly 170gb left on my internal storage. The specific job I’m working on is product photography, stacking Fujifilm RAW files.

• Staff

Hi @LCerritelli,

Welcome to the Affinity Forums :)

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble with the latest update - our team are aware of a bug with iOS 15.0.2 that causes the Affinity apps to crash when moving layers in the layers panel.

This issue has already been tentatively fixed in our Designer iPad beta (linked below).

Unfortunately we don't yet have an equivalent Photo beta available, but we're working to get this released as soon as possible.

I hope this helps!

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

• Staff

That's correct, as far as I'm aware these crashes are only affecting iOS - however we've since released the aforementioned beta to retail, so you should find that this update is waiting in the App Store for you :)

When you can, please update to this latest version and let me know if this resolves the issue for you?

Equally, you should be fine to continue working on the Mac as expected :D

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!