You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Modify a spot color or a global color.

Bonjour à tous.
Après avoir créé une couleur globale ou d'accompagnement (spot), peut-on modifier ces attributs ?
Après avoir créé un échantillon, peut-on le définir comme spot ?
Merci pour le retour.

Hi all.
After creating a global or spot colour, can we change these attributes?
After creating a swatch, can we set it as spot?
Thanks for the feedback.

Toujours pas !
Windows 10 Pro 21H2 - Intel Core i7-3630QM CPU @ 2.40GHz - 16 Gb Ram - GeForce GT 650M - Intel HD 4000
Affinity Photo | Affinity Designer | Affinity Publisher | 2

Bonjour @uneMule

C'est possible avec un clic-droit sur l'échantillon et le menu qui apparaît.

• "Modifier le remplissage"

Ou, s'il n'est pas global :

• "Rendre global"

---

Hi,

It's possible right-clicking on the swatch, in the menu options:

• "Edit fill"

Or, if it's not global:

• "Make global"

2021-10-16_113634.png.4522e553d81980dccf324997dea11add.png2021-10-16_113640.png.1859bc2fdc75aa9b6b007337641b6b7d.png

2021-10-16_113710.png.33ad70bc2b8ee8e0aa27887db5ab921e.png

@Wosven

bonjour, ma question est mal posée. Modifier la couleur pour la rendre globale ou pas, ton direct ou pas ?
A priori, lorsqu'un couleur est définie globale ou ton direct, on ne peut modifier cela.

Hello, my question is badly put. Can I change the colour to make it global or not, direct tone or not?
Perhaps, when a color is defined global or spot, this cannot be modified.

Toujours pas !
Windows 10 Pro 21H2 - Intel Core i7-3630QM CPU @ 2.40GHz - 16 Gb Ram - GeForce GT 650M - Intel HD 4000

I am not sure if I understood your question, but you can make a non-global color global but not vice versa; and you cannot make a non-spot color swatch to spot, or vice versa. However, you can edit the "representation" color of a spot color to whatever you wish (even library spot colors, for whatever purpose that would be useful). And you can rename all colors, including spot color names (that would be used as ink / plate names in exports that support spot colors).

You can only choose this option adding a Global color from the menu.

2021-10-16_123322.png.731129e054b832a6c2ae4916951da4fa.png

You can't convert usual global color to spot later.

So you'll have to use AD search option if you want all your object using this classic global color to use a new spot-global color.

The apps aren't user friendly with this need... and won't convert to spot as easily as other ones.

1 hour ago, Lagarto said:

I am not sure if I understood your question, but you can make a non-global color global but not vice versa; and you cannot make a non-spot color swatch to spot, or vice versa.

Hi @Lagarto
Vous avez bien compris la question.
Cela mériterait d'être modifié.
Il arrive fréquemment qu'un projet défini avec n spot color finisse avec certaines de ces couleurs mais pas toutes. La simplicité est de modifié cette caractéristique pour la couleur concernée, et c'est réglé.

You have understood the question well.
This could be changed.
It often happens that a project defined with n spot colour ends up with some of these colours but not all. The simple thing is to change this feature for the colour concerned, and that's it.

Toujours pas !

@Wosven

Souvent les projets évoluent. Cette gestion des couleurs me semble manquer de souplesse.

Projects often evolve. This colour management seems to me to lack flexibility.

Toujours pas !

6 hours ago, uneMule said:

It often happens that a project defined with n spot colour ends up with some of these colours but not all. The simple thing is to change this feature for the colour concerned, and that's it.

Yes, quite often it is useful to pick a spot color (f you e.g. know the official corporate color), even if you know that it will be printed with process inks, and then later convert it to CMYK when knowing details of the project (e.g. whether to print on coated or uncoated stock, etc.), and using color profiles for the conversion (instead of abstract values provided by PANTONE). Sometimes it can go the other way around: ending up printing a specific color by using spot color, and there, too, many apps help picking up the closest match when making the change. Not needing to reassign object colors is of course a plus.