You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Are vector brushes truly vectors?

I made these designs to be cut and engraved with a laser, specifically a glowforge that cannot process masks. I really want my design to include the vector brush paths, but every time I upload the design to the glowforge it says that it’s a mask. I tried to rasterize it (because glowforge can process raster images), but even then it says there is a mask. Is there a way to remove the mask or a way to make these vector brush strokes a true vector image to where I can do an expand stroke command and have the stroke actually outlining the brush paths the same way it would any other vector? I don’t really understand masks, so forgive me if my question doesn’t make sense.

6FE42E5C-C979-4FFB-97D3-B12641362FB7.png

I just realized that if I rasterize it, and save it as a PNG rather than a PDF, it will upload to the glowforge without a mask, but I am still curious to know if there is a way to vectorize the vector paint brush strokes because using raster images is not desirable.

2 hours ago, Rachel75 said:

curious to know if there is a way to vectorize the vector paint brush strokes

The brushes are not true vector brushes. They use raster images for texture. You could use the pencil tool to draw a stroke, expand that stroke with the Expand Stroke  command, then apply a brush texture to it, but I don’t know if that would really give you the outcome you want either.

M1 IPad Air 10.9/256GB   lpadOS 17.1.1 Apple Pencil (2nd gen).
Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Affinity Design 1.10.5 
Affinity Publisher 2, Affinity Designer 2, Affinity Photo 2 and betas.

Official Online iPad Help documents (multi-lingual) here: https://affinity.https://affinity.help/