You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Keyboard input language related - an added apostrophe when starting to enter a number right after Photo launch

Ivar

Hello,

I have the EST keyboard input, when I enter a number for example into the document resize dialogue, instead of having the typed digit I get an apostrophe and the the typed digit. For example when typing 1500 I get '1500.

That happens only right after the launch of Affinity Photo, when not closing the program the entered numbers are fine from there on. 

For quick edits, it's quite annoying to remove the apostrophe each time after the launch.

I'm on the latest Affinity Photo version, this bug was actually there with earlier versions.
I have not seen this phenomena in other software I use.

Thanks!

• Staff

Hey Ivar,

This sounds really strange and I can't say I've come across this either - what language is the app in and can you tell me anything more about the keyboard? If you bring up the virtual Windows keyboard, does the same thing happen?

Thanks Chris!

With virtual keyboard, it works fine no matter the selected input language. It also works fine when I switch the input to ENGlish layout.
It only happens when using ESTonian keyboard input layout, and as said, first time only. When not closing the Affinity Photo, the same resize dialogue works great, until the next restart. The number 1 key is physically at the same place as with ENGlish keyboard.

Here's how it looks visually, a moving gif: Affinity_photo_apostrophe.gif