You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

EPS Bug? Weird white box on EPS files

I seem to be having weird white lines around grouped objects in EPS exported files.

Explanation :

I mainly work on the iPad. When I group certain things together it works fine as long as the file is in my ipad. But as soon as I open it on Affinity Designer desktop (or reimport and open on iPad) the EPS file seems to turn these groups into a single layer and it has this weird white square around it that I cannot seem to remove.

I am supposed to export these as a PNG and make prints of them but this is there in everything. I chose not to rasterise anything while exporting and for some idiotic reason i've only exported as EPS for all my art work. (Every piece i've done using affinity during this period has this issue.)

I've currently been exporting them as PSDs and removing the white square in the back because anything else i try (subtract, divide, cut etc) don't seem to work.

Can't share the exact file yet so I've shared one of the errors.

These are supposed to be the transparent sunglassesn on the character but it's somehow become a square of all the layers merged together to fit just into the sunglass area. (this only seems to happen with layers that are not in Normal mode)

Any ideas on how to fix this?

error.png

• Staff

If the .EPS file contains embedded Adobe Illustrator data that Affinity can't read. This is because the .EPS format doesn't support features such as blend effects, transparency, mesh fills etc. this will cause issues when opened in Affinity also if you have a pressure profile applied to a stoke this can cause the stroke to expand when exported as a EPS.