You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Batch process multiple images saving to multiple styles?

Hi folks
I wonder if there is a way to batch process a selection of images, each image needs to be saved in two or more different styles and each save using an edited file name
For example, I would like to take one jpg file (e.g. image1.jpg), apply a style to it such as Teal and Orange then export the file to a jpg (image1_te-or.jpg), then reset the file to original apply a different style (e.g. Black and White) and export to a jpg (e.g. image1_b-w.jpg)
I would like to do this as a single batch job but it looks as though certain functions such as export or resetting the history cannot be recorded in a macro?

Many thanks in advance
Terry

3 hours ago, Terry Brooks said:

I would like to do this as a single batch job

How about four jobs?

The Black & White is easy as there is a built in macro that does that, see image below. Rename files using your favourite method, in Windows I would open a cmd window and do

for %i in (*.jpg) do (rename "%i" "PREFIX%~niSUFFIX%~xi")

Now create a macro that applies your Teal and Orange effect and repeat above

NewBatchJob.png

Microsoft Windows 11 Home, Intel i7-1360P 2.20 GHz, 32 GB RAM, 1TB SSD, Intel Iris Xe
Affinity Photo - 24/05/20, Affinity Publisher - 06/12/20, KTM Superduke - 27/09/10

Thanks David
However, I was looking to create a batch job which processed two or more style macros at the same time and saving to the same folder as the original, by default (and this seems unchangeable) a batch job in Affinity when saving to the same folder as the original overwrites the original file instead of creating a new file with an altered file name

I already know how to create a batch job to process one style at a time and have already created my own styles including my preferred black and white version
It would be far better if I could specify and output name/naming convention and also process the same file with two or more macros independently renaming each file and saving to the original folder
This would be very useful to me as I will be processing potentially hundreds of images per day into numerous styles and then renaming so that can all be in the same folder ready for uploading
None of my software seems to be able to handle that, Capture One is close as it can export and rename to multiple processes (tiff/jpg/resized etc) but does not include the option to apply a style, Affinity can apply a style but only one instance and has to be to a different folder, darktable just doesn't help, maybe Adobe can but I don't have those and don't really want to
If only Affinity could record export commands and history action into a macro and also use a custom file name on export (very surprised that last item doesn't already exist)

Thanks

Terry

2 hours ago, Terry Brooks said:

use a custom file name on export

I agree with this and it wouldn't cost much but I think the rest of your requirements are pretty niche and are unlikely to be addressed. Still, make a feature request, you never know. 

Microsoft Windows 11 Home, Intel i7-1360P 2.20 GHz, 32 GB RAM, 1TB SSD, Intel Iris Xe
Affinity Photo - 24/05/20, Affinity Publisher - 06/12/20, KTM Superduke - 27/09/10