You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Installed fonts disappear

I have installed several fonts in Designer (iPad). Now they don‘t reliably show up in the document, but get replaced. Weirdly enough they still show up in the „installed fonts“ section.

Any help is appreciated. It is quite annoying since I don‘t know any way to solve this issue.

55BF0055-FAA6-4281-92C4-D99A89562D4B.jpeg

46D5BA9D-F911-4A62-829E-DC2CB1E01214.jpeg

• Staff

Hi ericosmosNEW,

Would you be able to create a screen recording on your iPad showing those steps you're taking to reproduce please, also if you could still attach the fonts and files used that would help us please? We're still struggling to reproduce, I've tried Swipe switching and that is still not showing me missing fonts.

• 2 weeks later...

After 4 turns of opening Designer with no fonts issue, this time it happened. So the font I select here should be Classic Comic MEDIUM but is replaced here with the REGULAR version. When I go to text properties you only see 3 font options (out of 6). But when I go to Designers font Manager all 6 font options show up.

• Staff

Hi ericosmosNEW,

Thank you very much for the video it has been very helpful to us! As I had been unable to reproduce this issue I was hoping it was fixed by the fix made for the Japanese and Chinese font issues in iOS however this unfortunately wasn't the case.

After seeing your video I noticed that you had a lot more open documents than myself, as well as a much larger list of installed fonts. With that in mind, and your message saying it took 5 attempts before it was incorrect for you I started playing some more and have since been able to reproduce it.

Whilst its not a 100% reproducible rate for me, I can reliably reproduce it by having lots of fonts installed, and lots of documents open. I've since spoken with development about this and passed the issue on to them who do have an idea on whats going on!

So thank you again for your help and letting us know.

• Staff
11 hours ago, ericosmosNEW said:

Yes, might have to do with number of documents opened. But it is necessary for me to quickly switch between files.

Sometimes I just can't open them without having wrong fonts even after 5-10 attempts. So, I think it is an important issue to solve.

That's fine - I just wanted to give you a bit more information on what I found whilst trying to reproduce the issue.

Of course it is an important issue to solve and it is with development to be fixed! :)