Anyway, here is my question below.

I want to make a gold or silver 

gradient over a selected text.

First thing is offcourse to type in

Some text, then select the text, 

next use the fill tools to create a 

gradient over the selected text.

Here is the question.

I cant seem to find the gradient editor when using the fill tools, the only thing i can do is to, click on the gradient line tools to create new stops for the gradient and click on each  small colored circle , to choose a new color, but its much easier to use the gradient editor instead.

If you use the gradient map instead, then the gradient editor will appear (i think it is the gradient editor!).

But the gradient editor cant be used on a text layer, maybe because i didnt rastized the text layer ?!!

It has been some time, since  i have been using the affinity photo for ipad, otherwise affinity photo is the best out there on the whole planet.

Now that we have Ipad pro m1, my dream request would be 3d support just like pro create and a lense editor, plus animation.

Chears 

Henrik.

Gradient fill (using the fill tool) on text layers works perfectly fine for me.

gradient map is a completely different animal.

Do you select the right tool?
You could press the question  mark on the bottom right to see the description of the symbols.

https://affinity.help/photoipad/English.lproj/pages/Clr/gradientEditor.html

To edit the gradient, just click one of the nodes and change the color via the normal color studio.

29E01898-381E-4AE1-841E-33CE9986A53E.png

Mac mini M1 A2348 | Windows 10 - AMD Ryzen 9 5900x - 32 GB RAM - Nvidia GTX 1080

LG34WK950U-W, calibrated to DCI-P3 with LG Calibration Studio / Spider 5

iPad Air Gen 5 (2022) A2589

Special interest into procedural texture filter, edit alpha channel, RGB/16 and RGB/32 color formats, stacking, finding root causes for misbehaving files, finding creative solutions for unsolvable tasks, finding bugs in Apps.

Thanks NotMyFault.

Its not because its not working, its working.

I can do the things you say in your post, even thought i am a bit of a beginner.

I just want the gradient editor appearing when pressing the fill tools.

Just like in the picture below.

I think the gradient editor is only available for the gradient  map tools ?!!.

Anyway its not a  big issue.

Next thing to do, is learn how to import photoshop brushes and create my own gradient preset for Affinity Photo.

I will do a research on this matter.

1AA37596-4865-4B5E-9563-9C0641844DC1.jpeg

3 minutes ago, henrikh2017 said:

I just want the gradient editor appearing when pressing the fill tools.

Unfortunately this is not possible. The gradient editor is part of the gradient map tool. It is not the same tool as the fill tool. These are two completely independent tools - of course they can be used atop of each other.

To summarize:

1. step: add a fill, and select e.g. a linear fill, from black to white. A fill can (must) be applied to an existing layer, or a (new) fill layer.
  2. step: add a gradient map. This will show up as a separate layer in the layer stack.

Mac mini M1 A2348 | Windows 10 - AMD Ryzen 9 5900x - 32 GB RAM - Nvidia GTX 1080

Special interest into procedural texture filter, edit alpha channel, RGB/16 and RGB/32 color formats, stacking, finding root causes for misbehaving files, finding creative solutions for unsolvable tasks, finding bugs in Apps.

42 minutes ago, henrikh2017 said:

By the way, is there a quick way to store the gradient map color setup as a preset?.

Just press "add preset" - its at the bottom right in you own screenshot.