You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Tips on how to achieve this button.

Hi all,

I’m making buttons for a digital button box used with sim racing. I’ve made some square buttons in pressed and unpressed state which worked out really well. See image.

Now I want to make a so called rocker-switch. The shape is no problem but as you see the button from above it is for me a bit hard to make.

‘The button tilts when pressing. When pressed the top side is more downwards to the baseplate, when unpressed the bottom side is more towards the baseplate. With the square buttons it was no problem as the whole button is downwards when pressed and I could achieve this with 3D and bevel and emboss etc.

The first picture are examples of the square buttons I’ve made. The other 3 are photo’s of the actual rocker-switch button which I like to remake. Can somebody give tips or an example on how this can be done. I’m new to Infinity Designer and I really don’t know how to do this.

thanks in advance.

1A18EF7E-6B74-4460-B46D-979D55C4BD56.jpeg

27616877-3974-4EE8-AC62-AD61783607A6.jpeg

C19A57FC-D5AA-4932-973A-E35D5A8BE3AD.jpeg

224BA3BF-A2D9-40A2-AE7E-10AC53D24068.jpeg

48 minutes ago, Bull Shark said:

The first picture are examples of the square buttons I’ve made. The other 3 are photo’s of the actual rocker-switch button which I like to remake.

The main thing I notice in the photos is that there’s a highlight across the top of each switch. You can achieve this by covering the button with a white square that has a linear gradient transparency applied (and, if needed, you can create a shadow at the opposite edge by using a black square with a linear gradient transparency).

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)