You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Pantone, Suitcase support & page layout

Just bought Affinity on the app store as it was billed as a professional alternative to Illustrator. Unfortunately when it comes to Pantone colours it can't be an alternative to designers until Pantone colour libraries are available for print based work (it still exists people). I've tried to install the profiles myself but no luck. Until the libraries are available I can't use Affinity for spot colour work. Its a bit like Pixelmator being great except it doesn't allow for CMYK. Two amazing apps let down by something so small. If I work in Affinity and need spot colours then I need to export to illustrate to add the colours so I may as well stick with Illustrator. Please can you add Pantone colour libraries.

• 5 months later...

I am ready for this feature! even something with a 'fake" spot color would be handy (just converting a color to "spot" - we could name it what we want. 

If you do t-shirts or ad specialties you can't use RGB or CMYK color space most of the time. 

And most of my logo designs will require a spot color version as an alternate for cheapie printing. 

Currently I'm having to go back to Illustrator with my Designer files and futz with them. And it's kinda clunky.