You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Publisher - Issue with background color

5 hours ago, iconoclast said:

the same resolution (normally 300 dpi for print)

Only the "effective PPI" in the document, meaning, once the image is resized in your document, it's at least at 95% or more (with good and fine images, you can accept 280 PPI in a document), more isn't a problem, it's just not logical or effective to use a 6000×4000 image for a thumbnail.

Only the pixels matter, the proprieties of a 6000×4000 pixel image can be 72 or 300 or more PPI, in fact, it was usefull before QXD and ID introduce "effective PPI" information in the apps, since before we would have to calculate ourselves.

2021-07-30_205010.png.314145a7c0eb3657815660ca7c2e70c7.png2021-07-30_205019.png.f2207efb911fa88e6d75b3173e1201a4.png

2021-07-30_205047.png.514af8050a990120f69b81a2dbeff8b2.png2021-07-30_205146.png.0ab33c0569c63369d45fe5545dceb1ed.png

For the current problem, a trick would be to dupplicate, group and rasterize the layers before printing, if export to PDF and print isn't an option. Rasterizing would occur only when needed...

1 hour ago, Wosven said:

For the current problem, a trick would be to dupplicate, group and rasterize the layers before printing, if export to PDF and print isn't an option. Rasterizing would occur only when needed...

I tried the export to PDF and print method, but that didn't fix it.  I'll try the rasterizing idea...

17 minutes ago, Lagarto said:

The problem could be worked around by printing to RGB virtual printer drivers like Microsoft Print to PDF (I am not sure if free or something that comes with Microsoft Office) or PDF-XChange Standard (commercial), and subsequently to the printer.

I could try printing to PDF.  Does that make a file lose quality when doing that?

Regardless, grouping and rasterizing seemed to fix it.  I definitely need to check out that O&K printerviewer.  I wasted a lot of paper and toner :)

• 11 months later...