You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Crash on opening a file

cai

I have a publisher file. When I try to open it in Publisher, it thinks about it for a while and then crashes to desktop ("unexpectedly quit"). The only way to get it to open without crashing is by opening it in Photo (works fine) and then transferring to Publisher while open ("Edit In Publisher…"). When I do get it to open in Publisher, it has sometimes lost some small piece of data since I saved it (e.g. a small parameter like word-wrap distance, or the size of a rescaled embedded document).

problematic file.zip

Thanks @Jon P,

Yes, it does seem to be every time, if I open it directly with Publisher, either by double-clicking the file, or by dragging it to an already-open Publisher in the Dock. I've just tried it like 10 times in a row. If I open it with a different Affinity Suite app first and then transfer it over to Publisher as I described, then it works. I'm using the retail version (non MAS) of Publisher, and the MAS versions of Photo and Designer.

If by crash report you mean the text inside the "unexpectedly quit" window, I've attached that here. If there's a better way to get more detailed crash reports, please say and I'll do my best.

crash report.txt

• Staff

Thanks, I can actually reproduce it crashing in retail now (not sure why I couldn't before). It loads correctly in the current beta.

I've re-saved it in the beta and re loaded it in retail and it seems to not crash for me any more, I've attached this file. Check if this opens for you fine in 1.9.3, if not it might be worth jumping onto the latest beta here.

Thanks

CogSci 2021 poster v3-rsd.afpub

Serif Europe Ltd. - www.serif.com