You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Mid point doesn't shift in gradient overlay and outline effects

Hello,

I use Affinity Photo to create buttons in visualizations, among other things. For this I use the gradient overlay effect. Here the mid point can be moved. My preference is to 85%. But no matter what I do the mid point doesn't shift anymore. The gradient always stays in the middle. While it used to work.

In the picture below I show what I mean. On the right a button (play music) that I made earlier and saved as a .png file. Here the gradient is at 85%. On the left the same button I saved in an .afphoto file. Here the gradient in the effect tool is also set to 85%. But it stays in the middle, making the button much lighter in color. I have the same in the outline. Also there the gradient remains in the middle.

Is this a bug in the current version or am I missing something?

I am using version 1.9.2.1035 of Affinity Photo in Windows 10.

Kind regards,

Erik.

Gradient.png

• Staff

Hey Erwt,

This is a known issue - it only seems to affect RGB/8 documents with hardware acceleration enabled. For now, the workaround would be to disable OpenCL from Preferences > Peformance or change the document to RGB/16.

I'll add your report to the system. 

• Staff
5 hours ago, Erwt said:

I assume this will be fixed in a future release.

I would hope so. It has only been reported a few times to my knowledge—I imagine we don't get too many reports because the majority of people would use Affinity Photo in 16 bit when they are opening and editing raw images etc.