You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I am newish to Affinity Designer and really enjoy its features, but would like some help in how best to set up. 
I use only vector graphics (because of the infinite resolution) to do art, with many brush strokes, as though I am using a physical paint brush and acrylics/oils. I really like the idea of being able to tweak existing brush strokes 'later' (eg. colour, thickness, location).  However I would like to make these adjustments to groups of brush strokes at a time instead of one by one.
It would really be useful if I could set up so that all brush strokes are put into an existing group layer, so they could be edited together.  In other words, as you develop the picture, you set up a layer group (eg. 'foreground grass') and then every stroke you make until further notice is put into this layer group, which can later be tweaked as a group.
Is this at all possible in Affinity Designer? 
Many thanks

• Staff

Hi @KillaraPat Welcome to the forums.

You can add new layers from the Layer studio or Layer > New Layer, with it selected new vector brush strokes will appear together in that layer. For any existing brush strokes/curves, select/highlight them and then right click and Group (Layer > Group). You can then adjust the layer order if you wanted to just by click holding on the layer/group and dragging above or below the others and releasing.

Check out the videos in our Learn section of our site on Ordering, Grouping and the Layers Panel.