You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I have created several projects in Designer over the last year and I have a continuous problem. The vector image looks great in Designer but when I export it, the result is very blurry. I've tried exporting in several formats from png, jpeg, pdf and svg. I also tried moving to Photo and Publisher and exporting from there but with the same results.

I have noticed that the vectors are better preserved than the one raster layer. I have also noticed that many people have mentioned the same problem here in the forums but I haven't been able to find how the issue was resolved. If it has been resolved, please point me in the right direction for the info. If it is still a problem, is there a work around or a fix for the problem.

Thanks to all.

• 1 year later...

Hi All,

I have a similar issue. I made this vector file to make a recipe folder for my son. What they do is somehow engrave images onto folders that are made of wood. They ask for vector files, of course, sent either as pdf, png or jpg. I attached the pdf-file I originally sent. I got the response that it shows up somewhat blurry.

1) I created the file with all vectors, as far as I know. It has a bunch of tiny elements. Is there any way other than checking every single piece to see whether the visible elements are really all vectors?

2) I have read a lot of posts on vector brushes sometimes causing blurry problems. I used "Clean Engraving 03". For my design, I want the lines to narrow out towards each end, wide in the middle. Should I use a different brush? When I zoom into the designer file, the brush edges do come up faded. This only happens on the objects I designed for this myself and didn't copy from other files. Some of the objects this happens on are the pan, the mitten and the bacon. I also included a screenshot of that.

3) I have a hard time finding out what about my pdf-file settings might be wrong. I am attaching screen shots of the settings I have now along with the designer file.

Also: Does anyone have a tip for where to learn about the basics of pdf-settings that is not all reading? I have ADD and I learn much better through videos. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks
D.

Rezeptordner Screenshot 2022-12-09 132817.jpg

Rezeptordner Screenshot 2022-12-09 132901.jpg

Rezeptordner Screenshot 2022-12-09 132932.jpg

Rezeptordner Screenshot 2022-12-09 133020.jpg

Rezeptordner blurry brush outlines.jpg

Owen Rezeptordner.afdesign Rezeptorder Din A4 Etsy_01 FILE AS WAS SENT TO SELLER.pdf

5 hours ago, DBerlin81 said:

They ask for vector files, of course, sent either as pdf, png or jpg.

If they ask for vector files, then neither PNG nor JPG apply… :) 

5 hours ago, DBerlin81 said:

I created the file with all vectors, as far as I know.

In principle yes, but…
Most of the vector brushes are actually pixels attached to a vector curve, not "true" vector shapes.
You can tell if you select a curve, open the Stroke panel and click Properties. If there's a brush profile image in the lower part of the window, then the "vector" brush will be exported rasterized as a pixel image:

ade_vector_brush_properties.png.64f07c1b3eb06dce0958186d1a85d364.png

From all vector brushes, only the first two Pen brushes are true vector, and can also be converted to outlines: Solid Pen With Pressure, and Solid Pen With Pressure & Opacity.
The Properties difference is obvious:

ade_vector_brush_properties_solid.png.0e424b877322866b6c2d2e61f50ddad4.png

MacBookAir 15": MacOS Ventura > Affinity v1, v2, v2 beta // MacBookPro 15" mid-2012: MacOS El Capitan > Affinity v1 / MacOS Catalina > Affinity v1, v2, v2 beta // iPad 8th: iPadOS 16 > Affinity v2