You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Panorama stitching distortion??

Friends,

May or may not be a problem with Affinity or if the distortion is just part of panorama renderings in general no matter what software.

Reporting this here because having a problem with the final result.

The stitch process is great except for the fisheye distortion it imparts to the individual frame. Vertical structures that are aligned in the original frame are distorted to the right or left beyond center. Is more like stitching bubbles together each with the fisheye lens perspective.

Advice appreciated. Can submit examples if needed.

John

Hi Chris,

Files are uploaded to Dropbox. The individual pictures were taken with a Nikon Coolpix P600. I'm seeing some lens distortions in the originals which may be contributing to a compounded effect throwing everything off. Likely user error much to blame and I just have to practice more. Tripod for panoramas could fix some of this.

Appreciate your time to look at these.

John

test.jpg

• Staff

Hi John,

If I create the panorama and then place each image over the top, you can see how misaligned they are which is what's causing this. I think a tripod would definitely help in this instance. I'm surprised it stitches where the door is because you can see where the stitch 'breaks'.