You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Difficulty reading .eps files from stock image supplier

Hello, I have been using all of the Affinity applications since they were first released. The version of Affinity Designer I am using is 1.9.1. and it is running in macOS Catalina 10.15.7 on a MacBook Pro. I recently joined a picture library (Shutterstock) and started with a trial download of 10 images. I had downloaded 10 .eps files and was surprised to find that they were all bitmapped. 

I have attached images of how the file looked on screen at Shutterstock, before it was downloaded (an enlarged screen shot) and how it looked in Affinity Designer. My question is this; Has anyone else experienced this issue while trying to load a vector filetype into Affinity Designer and if so, what was the solution. All answers are very much appreciated. Thank you for your help. 

Screenshot 2021-05-24 at 09.20.53.png

Screenshot 2021-05-24 at 09.18.38.png

4 hours ago, jepho said:

My question is this; Has anyone else experienced this issue while trying to load a vector filetype into Affinity Designer and if so, what was the solution.

In the following thread you'll find some information why opening EPS files look different.

----------
Windows 10 / 11, Complete Suite Retail and Beta

Thank you for these responses. Sadly, the promised help from support at Shutterstock was not forthcoming and I cancelled my subscription. I had not realised that .eps files would be troublesome. I have managed to open many of them in Affinity Designer without difficulty. Oh well... back to the drawing board.