You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Which OS X version(s) can I use? (split)

I currently am using Mac OS 10.10 and Affinity 1.6. I have not updated my Mac OS due to the loss of functionality of applications I currently have such as MS Office if I update my Mac OS. If I did I would have to 'repurchase' my existing software which is an expensive proposition. So I need to be sure the Affinity 1.9 update doesn't require a later Mac OS than 10.10

I have Publisher and Designer also and are fine products from Affinity.

thanks!

Jan

1430950986_yosemite10.10andAffinity1.6_11.png.46a516fa6975f595b71bfd2c26c7e6a6.png

• Staff

@Jan N

As stated here, Affinity 1.9.x on macOS supports macOS 10.9 and above, so you can update to the latest version (1.9.3) without issue.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

16 hours ago, Patrick Connor said:

@Jan N

As stated here, Affinity 1.9.x on macOS supports macOS 10.9 and above, so you can update to the latest version (1.9.3) without issue.

thanks Patrick, after 3 years using the 1.6.11 iteration I'm just getting used to it. Is the 1.9 interface basically the same or are there significant changes to the user experience? Thoughts?

On 4/13/2021 at 7:43 AM, Patrick Connor said:

@Jan N

Hi Patrick, I just downloaded Affinity V 1.9.3 and received a notice "Please upgrade to mac OS 10.12 or newer". I'm a little confused now. Can I run it on 10.10? Thanks for any advice.

update notice to OS 10.20 or newer .png

• Staff

You absolutely can run it on 10.10 but the new "My account" feature requires a later version of Safari than is supported, so it cannot be registered in app.

If you want to register the application (it's entirely optional) you can email affinity@serif.com and ask them to do it for you.

No other function requires the later OS

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

• 2 weeks later...