You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Preview of the Files

I don't know if Apple or Serif can solve the problem, but I would like to be able to see previews of Affinity files in the Finder in a meaningful size. E.g. in gallery mode.
All RAW files I can judge very well in the Finder, only the Affinity Photo files appear only as rough pixels.

24" iMAC Apple M1 chip, iPad 8, MACOS Sonoma & iPadOS, Affinity V2-Universallizenz 

1 hour ago, j3rry said:

Serif can solve the problem

^ This.
The preview is available if the document was saved with "Save thumbnail with document" in general preferences.
But the preview is hardcoded to be max 512 pixels tall or wide. That's all that QuickLook can display.

MacBookAir 15": MacOS Ventura > Affinity v1, v2, v2 beta // MacBookPro 15" mid-2012: MacOS El Capitan > Affinity v1 / MacOS Catalina > Affinity v1, v2, v2 beta // iPad 8th: iPadOS 16 > Affinity v2

@loukash,
I thought a module/extension could be helpful, I didn't know that the preview size is limited. 500px on a 5k screen is of course very small ....

24" iMAC Apple M1 chip, iPad 8, MACOS Sonoma & iPadOS, Affinity V2-Universallizenz 

Keep in mind: e.g. Adobe Illustrator previews only work in QuickLook if you save the *.ai document with PDF stream. That's what QuickLook is previewing then. If you save only Adobe's proprietary format, you won't see anything.
Larger previews in Affinity may blow up the file size which is also not always what a user may want. (I, for one, don't; so 512 px is just fine for me as a preview.)

A preference option where we could define the preview size would be the best solution.

Either that, or simply always export a low-res PDF as a "sidecar preview".

MacBookAir 15": MacOS Ventura > Affinity v1, v2, v2 beta // MacBookPro 15" mid-2012: MacOS El Capitan > Affinity v1 / MacOS Catalina > Affinity v1, v2, v2 beta // iPad 8th: iPadOS 16 > Affinity v2

1 minute ago, loukash said:

e.g. Adobe Illustrator previews

Since this is actually posted in the Photo section…
Same for *.psd: You can only preview PSD documents in Finder which were saved with the flattened "compatibility layer". Those will of course blow up the file size massively.