You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

[Affinity Publisher] Find/Replace Missing Fonts is broken in document Tables

My document is using fonts which have since been updated to support new scripts, and therefore renamed somewhat.

However, when trying to use the Find/Replace tool to replace the missing fonts in the document, it doesn't seem to fully replace them in Tables, even when clicking "Replace All".

To add to this, any empty cells in a table are still locked to the missing font. Even when manually selecting the column or even the table and changing the font, it still defaults to the missing font when creating a new column, or selecting a cell that has no text in it.

Am I missing something obvious here? Because I'm getting beyond frustrated with this, considering how simple it was on Illustrator to replace missing fonts.

Edit: To elaborate further, when using the Font Manager to locate the missing fonts, it points me into areas where the font is actually already correct, and even though I'm scrolling through the text in the tables with the right arrow key, I'm not seeing the "? Missing font" name anywhere.

Using v1.9.1.979 Windows Store edition of Affinity Publisher.

• 2 months later...

Bonjour @SoftZoom

Avez-vous essayé le gestionnaire de polices [Document] Gestionnaire de polices... ?

Have you tried the Font Manager [Document] Font Manager...?

gestionnaire de polices.jpg

Toujours pas !
Windows 10 Pro 21H2 - Intel Core i7-3630QM CPU @ 2.40GHz - 16 Gb Ram - GeForce GT 650M - Intel HD 4000
Affinity Photo | Affinity Designer | Affinity Publisher | 2

• 2 months later...
On 6/10/2021 at 8:17 PM, uneMule said:

Bonjour @SoftZoom

Avez-vous essayé le gestionnaire de polices [Document] Gestionnaire de polices... ?

Have you tried the Font Manager [Document] Font Manager...?

gestionnaire de polices.jpg

I mentioned this in my post,

"Edit: To elaborate further, when using the Font Manager to locate the missing fonts, it points me into areas where the font is actually already correct, and even though I'm scrolling through the text in the tables with the right arrow key, I'm not seeing the "? Missing font" name anywhere."

On 3/22/2021 at 1:38 PM, SoftZoom said:

To add to this, any empty cells in a table are still locked to the missing font. Even when manually selecting the column or even the table and changing the font, it still defaults to the missing font when creating a new column, or selecting a cell that has no text in it.

It makes sense to me that Find/Replace would not change an empty cell, as it's operating on characters that you found, and thus can't do anything if there are no characters.

But I would have thought that selecting the column or table would work 

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

@SoftZoom Sorry for the wooden answer. Not awake as usual.
Applying a style sheet can be a solution. It also makes it easier to update.
But as @walt.farrell says, it won't change anything for empty cells.

Toujours pas !
Windows 10 Pro 21H2 - Intel Core i7-3630QM CPU @ 2.40GHz - 16 Gb Ram - GeForce GT 650M - Intel HD 4000
Affinity Photo | Affinity Designer | Affinity Publisher | 2

• 1 year later...