Publisher: Initial with two oder more letters does not work anymore

Hello

How do I get a paragraph style to display the initial as I have defined it:

Height in lines: 2
Characters: 2 Automatic: yes
Distance to text: 1mm
Align left edge: yes
Scale for descenders: yes

Unfortunately this does not work. The initial contains only the first letter.

The strange thing is: When I first tried this setting, it worked and I had an initial with two letters. A few days later I renamed my paragraph format and changed it in other places. Since then it doesn't work as it should do - no matter what other settings I change to find out which setting is interfering only the first letter in the paragraph becomes the initial letter.  

Is this possibly related to the baseline grid?

Sincerely
Rüdiger  

1 minute ago, RvS said:

The strange thing is: When I first tried this setting, it worked and I had an initial with two letters. A few days later I renamed my paragraph format and changed it in other places. Since then it doesn't work as it should do - no matter what other settings I change to find out which setting is interfering only the first letter in the paragraph becomes the initial letter.  

When you say ...changed it in other places... what do you mean? You changed some options in the Paragraph Style? You changed some formatting of the paragraphs? You changed some of the paragraphs which had the  style applied to another paragraph style? You changed some paragraphs which did not have that Paragraph Style to that style?

Note that the style will stop if you have a space or non-letter in the first two letters.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

Hallo Old Bruce

thanks for Your quick reply.

1. I only justified small details of the text style I have defined. In fact I tryed a lot to solve the problem and deletet all changes I had made before. But the initial remains with the first letter. 

2. The initial should be a number with a dot. There is no space between them.For exampler: 1. or 2. or 3. and so on

Kind regards

Rüdiger

14 minutes ago, RvS said:

2. The initial should be a number with a dot.

The dot is considered to be the second character. Set up a three letter style for these examples.

Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

The paragraphs now start normally with words instead of numbers and dots. But nothing changes, no matter what settings I change. For example: I have set the initial to be three or four or five letters as a test. But nothing happens. It remains with an initial with the first letter. 

Save a copy of your document with the title For the Forum Delete most of the the text and pages (this is just to make it small in size) Make sure to have the problem text in a paragraph and add it to a post here.

Ok, I found out what the problem is:
I have defined the text style "Paragraph with two-digit initial" so far only via the studio "TextStyles". I didn't take into account that in the "Paragraph" studio, settings for "Initial" are also made. There the check mark was set at "Automatic". If I remove this here, the initial appears with two or more letters, depending on how many I define in my TextStyle.