You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Indesign Complex Document

I wanted to share that Affinity Publisher has opened a very complex Indesign document to me. In the past he had not succeeded, today out of curiosity I tried again and with wonder I saw the document open even if with a long wait. The original document is 515 Mb - while the Affinity document is 31 Mb. I'm not sure he's held all the functions - in fact I don't think so... but it's great that he opened it. There are tables in your document that update automatically if I change values to excell. I have a lot of confidence in Team Affinity. They're good.

Faced with the fantastic work that has made it possible to open a complicated document, the problem of slowness now remains. There is a long wait time to open the converted document and now to Affinity. Pages are handled with difficulty. I note that global levels are handled in a particular way. I have a "photo" layer that I can block on a single page and on another instead have unlocked it... That is very good in some cases, but I would like to see the possibility of acting globally on all pages. In my case, in fact, blocking a level that is free on a page is "dangerous".
Unfortunately - as I feared - he did not keep the link on the excell tables. It remains a fantastic job this fact from Affinity because despite no active link, they kept their appearance.

I am assuming you are talking about an IDML file not an INDD file. They did add this ability though I would use it with caution. It is not going to open Indesign files perfectly and you should remain vigilant in double checking all content and artwork that was set in Indesign and is now open in Publisher. It is also not recommended to use this in feature with a collaborative work flow as again you are going to have changes opening in Publisher over how it was originally set in Indesign. 

Sto solo dicendo che hanno fatto un lavoro fantastico e non sono completamente d'accordo con quello che stai dicendo. The problem of cui sto discutendo è strutturale per Publisher. Not c'è gestione delle tabelle collegate all'esterno e probabilmente con molte immagini molto pesanti molto anche se le immagini sono collegate. Ma Publisher è un programma giovane e quindi non può che crescere. Per quanto riguarda l'apertura del documento, devo congratularmi con la squadra e rafforzarla perché sono stati davvero buoni. Prova ad aprire un pdf con Affinity e prova a fare lo stesso con la concorrenza ... capirai immediatamente la differenza in questo lavoro che stanno facendo. Da come si apre un pdf si capisce che hanno la giusta mentalità.