You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Designer: Vector Pen keeps changing the Stroke Color based on whatever I last filled.

This did not happen before, but now every time I finish drawing a line (black) with the Vector Pen Tool and my Tablet, I go to fill the new shape (Red). When I click the Vector Pen Tool, the stroke is now RED instead of black, forcing me to constantly switch back to black. This is the first time I've seen the color change based off of whatever color I used to fill a shape. Does anyone know how to keep the black as default and stop changing? 

• 2 months later...
  • Staff

Hi @Videowolff,

Our sincerest apologies for the delayed response here, we're currently working through a backlog of tickets, so many thanks for your patience and understanding.

I can confirm that these colours are intrinsically linked within the Affinity apps - if you create a rectangle and set the Stroke colour to be red and the stroke width to be 2pt, then switch to the Pen Tool it will continue to use the same style that was just applied to the rectangle object, so the Curve will be red and it will be 2pt wide.

I have gone back as far as version 1.8.5 and this showed the same behaviour as you're reporting - as far as I'm aware this has always been true of the Affinity apps.

If you want to reset this for any tool, with the tool selected (such as the Pen Tool) navigate to Edit > Defaults > Factory Reset. This will reset the fill, stroke and width for the tool.

I hope this clears things up!

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!