You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Could we separate Opacitity & Visibility into two separate categories for the Linked Layers feature?

Been greatly enjoying the new Linked Layers feature added in 1.9. So many possibilities that it has unlocked for all three softwares. However, if there is one thing I wish was changed with the current iteration, it would be the Opacity & Visibilty links you can make for your layers. Personally I find this aspect a bit limiting, since linking layers together so I can toggle visibility on and off on multiple layers would help adding a bit of extra control when working on complex scenes. For instance, what if you have multiple clipping layers attached which you have to manually disable one at a time manually, but because each of them have different opacity settings you can't link them together this way? This scenario could also be reversed where you simply want to combine the opacity settings to be the same across multiple layers to achieve a specific effect, but you don't want to disable/enable visibility of every layer since you want to check how each layer affects the stacked result.

I think it makes a lot of sense to separate the two features to enable extra control. Would be a pretty nice quality of life change to an already amazing feature.

Another addition I think would be cool would be if you could link the Alpha channel of one layer to other layers as a way to mask. This way you could use a layer with different levels of opacity as a way to mask other layers that are linked to that specific channel.

P.S. I also found a bug where clipped masks lose their linked chain symbol when you attach it to a layer. Should probably be looked at.