You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Exported photos have lines of missing image

I developed, edited, and exported a photo in Affinity Photo 1.9.1. However, when I export the image, it renders with small chunks of the photo missing. It comes out as horizontal lines. I've tried multiple export options for jpg and png, but nothing seems to resolve the issue. Any ideas how to fix it?

Photo with horizontal lines.jpg

Edited by ccmilbrot

Hi @ccmilbrot Welcome to the Affinity forums!

I'm sorry to hear you are having some issues with export. Is this issue specific to this image or have you seen it happen on other images? Would you be able to upload the image here so I can take a look?

Just out of interest do the horizontal lines appear in the same place each time?

I had been having the same problem, running 1.9.1.979. I first noticed it when trying to add noise to large flat areas of color (don't need to export to see the artifact). I also noticed that invoking "merge visible", which re-renders a new layer on the top of the stack, reveals the problem as well. The artifacts in my case only happened in areas of flat (or textured) color, and the location of the artifacts was random, rather than reproducible. Turning off hardware acceleration solved the problem immediately, without a noticeable performance hit. Thanks for the tip, RichardMH!

I used to have the same issue. Every time lines appeared in different places. 

And with the upgraded version 1.9.1. after export I started to get overlay pixel rectangles in random places of the photo, also different each time (for whatever reason can´t upload attachment at the moment). After continuous crashes and the overlay pixel problem on each export, I just went back to 1.8.5 :(

On 3/2/2021 at 1:53 AM, SPaceBar said:

Hi @ccmilbrot Welcome to the Affinity forums!

I'm sorry to hear you are having some issues with export. Is this issue specific to this image or have you seen it happen on other images? Would you be able to upload the image here so I can take a look?

Just out of interest do the horizontal lines appear in the same place each time?

The lines appeared in different places every time I exported the image. I got fed up and just went back to version 1.9, but now the program crashes my entire computer after a few minutes of being open.

On 3/3/2021 at 10:41 AM, Brightonic said:

I had exactly the same problem as ccmilbrot with a number of images. (Running 1.9.1.179.) Turning off openCL cured the problem. I have no idea why. Great piece of advice though. Thanks.

I'll redownload 1.9.1 and see if this fix works for me, too. I'll report back soon.

On 3/3/2021 at 10:41 AM, Brightonic said:

I had exactly the same problem as ccmilbrot with a number of images. (Running 1.9.1.179.) Turning off openCL cured the problem. I have no idea why. Great piece of advice though. Thanks.

That worked. Thanks, Brightonic!