You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi @There is only one Ferdinan!  The Eraser tool works a bit like a regular brush. Left and right square brackets (ie [ and ]) will adjust the size of the eraser.  The strength/opacity can be controlled by typing the initial digits that correspond to the  desired strength.  For example, to set 30% strength, simply press "3".  For 70%, press "7".  Pressing zero restores 100% opacity.  For finer grained control, quickly press both digits, eg "42" for 42%.

For more information, go into the built-in Help and click the Keyboard Shortcuts section near the bottom.  Look for the Painting Shortcuts section for more options.  If you're a Windows user, your keyboard modifiers will be slightly different than the Mac ones shown below:

2021-02-21_21-00-40.png.30ec1befce8d7fe4c9bfe5666595de2c.png

—— Gary ——

Photo/Designer/Publisher: Affinity Store, v2.4.n release

Mac mini (M1, 2020), 16GB/2TB, macOS Ventura 13.4.1(c) • MacBook Pro (Intel), macOS Ventura • Windows 10 via VMware Fusion • iOS: current release

22 hours ago, There is only one Ferdinan said:

This is my first time here.

Just out of curiosity, has anyone else written this?

If you wrote it and you just forgot about it, then your question was answered, so you could miss this reaction.

Affinity Store (MSI/EXE): Affinity Suite (ADe, APh, APu) 2.4.0.2301
Dell OptiPlex 7060, i5-8500 3.00 GHz, 16 GB, Intel UHD Graphics 630, Dell P2417H 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Dell Latitude E5570, i5-6440HQ 2.60 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics 530, 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Intel NUC5PGYH, Pentium N3700 2.40 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics, EIZO EV2456 1920 x 1200, Windows 10 Pro, Version 21H1, Build 19043.2130.

1 hour ago, Pšenda said:

Just out of curiosity, has anyone else written this?

🙂 🙂 You are right I just forgot about it, it was because of I stopped working within Affinity shortly after that post. So I didn't even recognise

the question for further screen-shots etc.

Sorry for raising useless actions 😞

If you wrote it and you just forgot about it, then your question was answered, so you could miss this reaction.