You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Simple cut & paste, results poor. Help?

11 hours ago, Alfred said:

Another way to achieve selective quotation is to highlight whatever you want to quote.That should make a ‘Quote selection’ button appear below the highlighted content.

Yes sir, this works good!  I've never used this technique on other message boards, wonder if it universally works?  Thx for this!

I will try to respond to @GarryP again now, using one of his posts with an movie in it.

On 2/27/2021 at 2:49 AM, GarryP said:

You can Paste as many times as you want but you need to use menu “Select → Deselect” first, see first attached video.
Note that, in this case, you probably wouldn’t want to flip/rotate the stud as it’s reflecting the light in a certain direction which would then be reflected incorrectly after flip/rotate. (Also, the pasted layers look awful, but that’s fairly obvious.)

If you want to create more studs, one technique in this specific case – amongst many (maybe better) others – would be to use the Elliptical Select Tool with a bit of Feathering, make duplicate copies, and then merge those copies, see second attached video. (The result can then be further enhanced as it’s still quite crude in my video.)

If you want to experiment, you can find the original image here: https://pixabay.com/photos/bindi-asian-jewellery-beauty-2416039

@Alfred,

Nope, wouldn't let me.  I hit the 'quote' tab, then wanted to delete the two movies here, and just leave the text.  Wouldn't let me do it.  Not sure why?  Thanks for looking into this Alfred!

8 minutes ago, cutout3 said:

Nope, wouldn't let me.  I hit the 'quote' tab, then wanted to delete the two movies here, and just leave the text.  Wouldn't let me do it.  Not sure why?  Thanks for looking into this Alfred!

I find that it often doesn’t work out very well if I quote an entire post and then try to edit out images or video clips, but quoting a highlighted chunk of text (or even text and images) has never caused me a problem. Go figure, as they say!

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

1 hour ago, Alfred said:

I find that it often doesn’t work out very well if I quote an entire post and then try to edit out images or video clips, but quoting a highlighted chunk of text (or even text and images) has never caused me a problem. Go figure, as they say!

From my limited experience here, I would agree.  Atleast we have a 'work-around'.  Your tip a few posts above is very helpful!!

Btw, how was the weather in Scotland today at 1530?  Here in central USA, Missouri, at 3:30pm right now, it is sunny and 52 Degrees F., beautiful day.  Oh and last night those 13 rock formations, the Calanais Standing Stones, came up on my computer.  Looked them up.  Very interesting!!  Then I looked up the difference between Britain, Great Britain, UK, History of Ireland.  Many Americans would get confused on this I'm sure.  A lot there, and also very interesting.

Thx Alfred!

25 minutes ago, cutout3 said:

Btw, how was the weather in Scotland today at 1530?

It was quite sunny this afternoon. Not particularly warm but I think spring may be on its way!

It’s St David’s Day today, but since I’m not Welsh 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 I haven’t eaten any daffodils.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

1 hour ago, Alfred said:

It’s St David’s Day today, but since I’m not Welsh 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 I haven’t eaten any daffodils.

LOL, I'll have to look that up!

[Edit:  @Alfred,  Ha, got it!! :6_smile: ]