You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Frame Text Tool displaying text alignment/wrapping differently

Oden Dee

Disaster!  I've designed 100+ cards which use the frame text tool. They no longer look the way they were printed. They wrap on different words and consume more space.

Is there a text option to display like v1.8 and ignore the new v1.9 tweaks that have been made? OR should I just install v1.8 over top (if that works).

Testing:

The font in this scenario is TTF. Text is displaying wider, by a good amount, which wraps sooner, then causes an extra line.

I compared two computers side by side, one with v1.9 and other with v1.8. Arial seems fine. Bahnschrift is different.

A custom ttf font I'm using is spaced out a lot more than previously, quite ugly. I need to set VA Tracking to -40% to get v1.9 to look close to v1.8.

Is this the result of a bug or a bug fix. I need to know before I decide to go and edit 100+ text boxes.

Edited by Oden Dee