You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Getting Eye Candy working in Affinity Photo

Hi,

I've seen posts that people have managed to get Eye Candy 7 working in Affinity Photo and wondered how they did it.

I've been trying to get the Exposure Eye Candy filter to work but I'm not getting anything apart from it being available in the menu (but no Eye Candy UI at all when you select it from the menu). I've linked Affinity Photo 1.9 to my Photoshop Plugin folder that the filter resides in. I'm running a slightly older Eye Candy version (7.2.3.96) but seem to be getting slightly less far as everyone else, who seem to be getting the interface with control settings. Could anyone who is running the filter tell me the process they've taken to get the filter working and where they've been locating the Eye Candy filter (is it installed somewhere specifically away from Photoshop installed Eye Candy?). Also, the version numbers for filter and Affinity app as I'm on MacOS 10.10 so wondering if any version numbers are the problems. Thanks

I can confirm that Affinity Photo 1.9 retail has killed Exposure software plugins and with it Eye Candy, it no longer starts for me. It worked in the 1.9 beta albeit with a preview glitch but now it's dead, It's also scuppered Topaz plugins and Painter: Particleshop now kicks you out of Affinity Photo.

Fortunately 1.9 retail has not affected FilterForge, JixiPix, DXO NIK, ON1 and Imagenomic 

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.4.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

That's ashame! Hope some similar styles can make it into AFP. I bought the fire and clouds brushes for Affinity (50% off atm!) to try to fill that void Eye Candy left but it seems realistic metal styles or macros are hard to come by. The tutorials I've seen seem like a lot more work and reminds me of the early days of Photoshop and trying to do the same thing. Hopefully something will come along.

Thanks for the info. I can stop banging my head against the wall trying to get Eye Candy working in AFP.

In the New Affinity Photo 1.9.1.219 beta release Eye Candy is up and running, so is Painter: particleshop, Go figure. 
image.png.bf93d2b43788b6d7c54a68522104ea12.png

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.4.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

Unfortunately I bought AFP through the App Store. Hope the final version doesn't lose this again.

Also, have you been linking the Eye Candy filters in any special way? I had it linked through my copy which is installed in Photoshops Plugins folder. Wasn't sure if it helped having it solely installed somewhere more local for AFP.

This is how I have it linked in Affinity Photo Preferences: plugin tab.
image.png.0087a46ca10a07b527cfb5a564b9d7ea.png