You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Grid Spacing for Avery Labels

I've been trying to set up grid spacing for avery labels using the grid and axis manager.   I can get the spacing and gutter width set up properly on both axis' but I can't seem to figure out how to offset the grid so it aligns with the center of the page.  It seems that the grid has to start on the vertical edge of the document and can't be moved. Any ideas?

Thanks MEB!

I thought about just dragging ruler lines out and designing that way but I like the ability to snap to grid lines better (more control over entering gutter dimensions).  Moving the zero point will be a great addition in the future.  

I was able to set up the grid to the correct size even though the zero point was off and then aligned and snapped my text and graphics to the grid.  Once I duplicated everything that I wanted, I turned off the grid lines and simply selected all the objects and centered everything to the page.  Worked out good enough for me.  

One thing that I did have an issue with was my objects did not want to snap to the divisions.  I set each axis to have two divisions.  I was using latest Beta.

• Staff

Sorry.  The grid position cannot yet be changed - that is coming soon.  We needed a number of other changes before we could offer the best interface for doing this.

SerifLabs team - Affinity Developer
  • Software engineer  -  Photographer  -  Guitarist  -  Philosopher
  • iMac 27" Retina 5K (Late 2015), 4.0GHz i7, AMD Radeon R9 M395
  • MacBook (Early 2015), 1.3GHz Core M, Intel HD 5300
  • iPad Pro 10.5", 256GB